Field Trip Process
Act One Field Trip Process
At Act One, our goal is to serve students whose families and schools are unlikely to have the means to bring them on educational arts field trips. Act One works with schools that serve a high percentage of students from households that qualify for free or reduced lunch and are part of the Federal Title 1 Schoolwide program.
1. Title 1 Schools - School must be designated as Title 1 with at least 40% of students on free and reduced lunch. Please note that demand for our program has grown significantly since we began in 2011, and schools with the highest percentage of students on free and reduced lunch will be given priority when placing schools on field trips beginning with the 2018-19 school year.
To find your school's Title 1 status, check with your principal or visit the National Center for Education Statistics website.
2. Arizona Schools - School must be an Arizona school within busing distance (60 miles or less) from the field trip location.
3. Students - Students must be in grades K-12.
The Act One Field Trip Process
Act One has more than 70 educational arts field trip opportunities for Arizona students who attend Title 1 schools. If you are a teacher or administrator at a Title 1 school and would like to participate in the Act One Field Trip program, click here to download a flyer with instructions.
Please Note: As of January 2018, the Act One 2017-18 Field Trip Calendar is closed. If you wish to be added to the wait list for an upcoming field trip or museum tour, please email email@example.com with your school's information.
Please Join Our Email List to be notified of any openings for field trips in the Phoenix and Tucson regions.
The 2018-19 Field Trip Calendar will be released in late July 2018.
Here's how it works:
1. View the Field Trip Schedule of more than 70 arts performances and museum tours. Choose up to three field trips you’re interested in attending with your students.
2. Fill out the online field trip request form. Please note that this form is no longer available for the 2017-18 school year.
3. Act One will contact you with details about your field trip. We coordinate reservations and details with the arts organization, pay the admission cost for your field trip, reimburse district bus expenses and send teaching materials to help you prepare students for the field trip. If your school does not have buses, Act One can schedule transportation.
4. Your school is responsible for preparing students for the field trip, securing permission slips (per your district’s guidelines), reserving district buses and ensuring that students get on the bus. Additionally, schools are responsible for a $1 program partnership fee per field trip participant.
Learn more about how Act One Field Trips work by reviewing our Field Trip Frequently Asked Questions.
The best way to make sure you know what's going on with Act One Field Trips is to Join Our Email List (make sure to indicate that you're a teacher). You can also like us on Facebook.
Return to the main Field Trip Page.